Saturday, April 30, 2011

Suncrest

We decided to do two runs back to back this weekend, we are just having a hard time setting the time to get really long runs in. Jason is at the end of a project remodeling his mother's house, and after work most nights we have soccer. I need to just suck it up and run in the dark by myself or go late in the evening(when I'm tired).

But, the run today was not the funnest. It is April 30, but still feels like February 30. We woke up to a couple of inches on the grass. Ian's soccer game was canceled, so I did my cleaning early. I knew I was going to run in the afternoon anyway today, but was glad to run with the sun out because it is cold.

I headed out the garage and up my hill toward suncrest. I didn't feel quite right, almost numb, today. Couldn't figure it out, but I think it is because I wore my music. I rarely run with music, only on special occasions. I guess today was one. I figured because I couldn't hear my feet or my own breath it threw me off just a little. Oh well.

Oh boy, the head wind was bad today. I just kept telling myself "at least you get a tail wind on the way back". By the time I got to the base of Suncrest I think I was already at mile 3.5ish. I only planned to run 10 so I was glad I only needed to run 1.5 up. It just was so difficult to run up such a steep grade(7-10%) with a strong headwind. I actually ran to 5.5 miles before I turned around(why do 10 when you can do 11, haha).

The way back down was of course better. Nice to have a downhill break.
Stats:
Distance - 11.00
Time - 1:50:53
Avg Pace - 11:00
Avg HR - 177
Max - 188

1 comment:

  1. Good job. We need to start going together in the morning. What time do you have to go. I've been going at 6 with the neighbors but it is a very slow 1.2 Maybe I could meet up with you at 5 and then meet them later. Let me know. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete