Saturday, April 9, 2011

10 mile recovery

I am so lucky to have siblings who also run. This morning I met up with my two sisters who are about 18 months younger than me, Janice and Frances.

Janice is the first one in our family to have ran a marathon(2002). She is the one who convinced me that I could, even though I wasn't even running a mile. She currently lives in western Kentucky and we see her only occasionally in the year. Last year when she came out in the summer, we ran our first marathon together, Deseret News. What a blast! She also came out two weekends ago and ran Antelope Island 50 miler. I was able to run the first 25 with her before I dropped out. She finished and I am so proud of her.

Frances is her twin, she has run many half marathons, I don't know exactly. She lives only 20 minutes from where I do, but we don't run together much. I am envious of where she lives because she is about a mile from the trailhead to one of my favorite trails I run. I keep trying to convert her to the trail, maybe this summer. She is training for her first marathon, which is next week, Salt Lake Marathon.

This morning was a little taste of what our marathon will be next week. Other than the weather, next week should be cool and dry. This morning was wet and snowy. :(

I started the morning with half a cup of rocket fuel in half a cup of milk. The girls got here a little early to take some N-O before we ran. Fueled and dressed we headed up my street.

I was testing how the food would settle on my stomach and I felt fine. We took a gel at mile 5. I hesitated just a second, I think it's still a mental thing for me. Got it down and on our way. Continued great until we were at 7 .5 miles and stopped at Lowe's to use the bathroom. Refreshed headed down the street and finished the loop ending uphill to my house at

10 miles in 1:39:33.

Average pace 9:57
Average HR 169
Max HR 184

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great run. I'm excited to run with you and Janni next week. It is going to be great to have you both there for my first. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great run, but I have felt off all day. Weird. Better get things back in line before the 16th. Love you!

    ReplyDelete