Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sat. Long Run

Not really long for a long run, but we were on a time schedule today. Ian had a soccer game 30 min away this morning, which started at 8:30 am. We needed to be there at 8:00, which has us leaving the house at 7:30.

Jason and I decided we would run after the game, but he also need to be to work by 12:00. So our plan was to drop Ian off at Jason's sister's in Orem so that we could run closer to his work.

We got started just after 10:00 and were going to run 2 hours. We headed toward the canyon. I miss running up the canyon trail. It's almost like running on the real trail but with sure footing, :) I felt better today than on thurs, even though my cold is setting in. It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be so I did stop at one point to roll up my jacket and slip it into my nathan pack.

For my nutrition, I had 1/2 packet of N-0 before I ran. I took one accel gel an hour into the run. I drank water from my nathan pack,( was thinking of starting to use a calorie drink from now on for my long runs, carbo pro or EFS)

Stats:

Distance - 10.25
Time - 1:34:34
Avg HR - 172
Max HR - 184

No comments:

Post a Comment