Saturday, April 2, 2011

Out and Back

Sometimes when you have a running partner who doesn't have the same goals, or is not exactly where you are in your training it might hinder your workout. I have been running with my husband, don't get me wrong I am not the stronger of the two, but I have been putting in more miles during the last month than he has. Because of this he doesn't want to increase long miles to quickly. I had a plan in my mind for a three hour run on the Shoreline trail and he wanted to run shorter on the road. YUCK!! But of course every good marriage and running partnership has compromise. I ran on the road... We ran a shortened out and back that we use to do a lot. 8.5 miles in 1 hr 15 min. my average heartrate was 175 bpm. I really tried to keep it lower, I wanted to be 170 or lower but I have to run so slow to do that, ugh. As we were stopped at the gas station which we determined to be our turnaround spot, Jason committed to running 4 days a week with me, no less than 6 miles. We have some good loops that I like so we will do those during the week and then on the weekend make sure to get on the trail and gradually increase our time. We only have 7 weeks until P50, and I anticipate it to take me 13-14 hours. That's as my brother put it, "Longer than driving to Disneyland!"

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to follow your running log. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo.... you are so awesome. Love this blog. Excited to be able to follow your training. Love you.

    ReplyDelete