Monday, April 23, 2012

4 Mile Recovery

Because of inconsistency and lack of improvement to my running, I have redeticated myself to my heart rate training. I will run 3 recovery runs a week, anywhere between 4-6 miles. I will also run one day of interval training, one tempo run, and one long run.

I sat down with Jason last night and recalculated my HR zones. Keeping my Max HR @ 194 and figuring my resting HR @ 55. This gave me a base aerobic zone from 155-165.

I got up this morning at 5:00 am and went out to run the 4 mile loop. I only looked at HR and tried to stay in good form and maintain a high cadence. The tempature was pleasant and I could smell lilacs everywhere. It made me think of my mother, which is another reason I enjoyed this morning's run.

Stats:
Distance - 4.18
Avg Pace - 11:24
HR - 159

No comments: